- 1 in 6 people experience a common mental health problem (anxiety and depression) in week.*
- 8 in 100 people experience Mixed anxiety and depression. *
- 6 in 100 people experience Generalised anxiety disorder. *
Young Minds and Mental Wellbeing
- In 2020, 1/6 children aged 5-16 years were identified as having a probable mental disorder, increasing from 1/9, in 2017.**
- 9% of people aged 5-22 years with a probable mental disorder reported having sleep problems. **
* Mental health and wellbeing in England: Adult psychiatric morbidity survey 2014.
** Mental Health of Children and Young People in England, 2020: Wave 1 follow up to the 2017 survey.