Hypothyroidism is a common problem found in 2% of UK people. Many people don’t know what it is, or how it comes about, but if you have any suspicion you may be suffering from hypothyroidism then all you need is a simple home test kit from Vytaliving
What is your Thyroid?
Everyone has a thyroid gland and this can be found in your neck. If you gently touch along the front of your neck you will feel a butterfly shaped object – your thyroid gland. When it functions well, the thyroid is responsible for metabolism and growth. When it malfunctions it can cause a disease state called hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) or hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid). The function of the thyroid is governed by TSH- Thyroid stimulating hormone.
This test measures for hypothyroidism only, this occurs when the thyroid is unable to produce enough T3 or T4 hormone. Common symptoms of this include:
- Lack of energy and fatigue
- Susceptible to temperature changes
- Often feels cold
- Slower heart rate
- Uncontrolled fluctuations in weight
- Irregular or heavy menstrual cycle
- Forgetfulness and changes in memory
- Changes in mood, mood swings and depression
People who are more likely to develop hypothyroidism include women, people with autoimmune disorders, or have a familial history of thyroid disorders.
What does the kit include?
The kit should contain everything you need for a singular test measurement. If you are missing any of the components above, please contact our customer service department.
- 1x test cassette
- 1x capillary dropper
- 1x buffer
- 1x alcohol pad
- 2x lancets
- Instructions for use
How do I use the kit?
1. Wash your hands with soap and rinse with clear warm water.
- Bring the pouch to room temperature before opening it. Open the foil pouch and get out the cassette.
- Carefully pull off and dispose of the clear plastic cap of the lancet. The lancet is a single use lancet so make sure you do not fire the lancet prematurely.
- Use the provided alcohol pad to clean the fingertip of the middle or ring finger as the puncture site.
- Press the lancet (on the side from where the cap was removed) firmly against the fingertip (the side of the ring or middle finger is advised). The tip retracts automatically and safely after use.
- Keeping the hand down, massage the finger that was pricked to obtain a blood drop.
- Without squeezing the capillary dropper bulb, gently put it in contact with the edge of the blood drop. The blood should automatically be drawn up the dropper by capillary action. You should fill the dropper up to the black line.
You may continue to massage your finger to obtain more blood if the line is not reached. As far as possible, try to avoid air bubbles.
- Transfer the collected blood into the sample well (S) of the cassette, by squeezing the dropper bulb.
- Wait for the blood to be totally dispensed in the well. Unscrew the cap of the buffer bottle and add 2 drops of buffer into the sample well of the cassette.
- Wait for the coloured line(s) to appear. Read results at 10 minutes. Results obtained after this time may be inaccurate.
What is the follow up offer after using this kit?
Because wellness of our customers is so important to us, we will follow up each test-kit purchase with a 10% discount code on products which may help with inflammation. Including our best-selling Over 50s Multivitamin 6-month Supply.
We will send the exclusive voucher to the email address that your purchased your test kit through. If you believe you are entitled to this voucher, but have not yet received one, please contact our customer service department.