A pulse oximeter is a small, lightweight device used to monitor the amount of oxygen carried in the body
- Sp02 (Blood Oxygen Saturation) Measurement Range: 0–100%, Display Range: 0-99%
- Measurement Range: 25-250 bpm, Resolution: 1 bpm, Accuracy: +- 3 bpm
- PI (Perfusion Index) Low perfusion up to 0.075%
- Results in 8 seconds
- Water and Dust resistant
Conditions that may affect oxygen levels include:
- Pulmonary disorders like Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), emphysema, bronchitis, or collapsed lung or pulmonary embolism.
- High altitude
- High strength pain medication that may suppress normal breathing
- Sleep apnoea
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Heart disease or heart defects
What is an Oximeter?
An Oximeter measures theoretical oxygen being carried within the bloodstream. It does so by measuring your pulse. To understand how the pulse indicates oxygen saturation we need to go back to the beginning.
An oximeter passes a beam of light through the finger to a sensor on the other side. This light detects arterial blood flow which is presented on the monitor under ‘HR’, standing for Heart Rate. This red light detects which of the haemoglobin is in arterial blood. This helps to determine the oxygen saturation of the red blood cells, represented as ‘SpO2’.
* Colour may vary
Lightweight and compact 5.5 cm x 3cm x 3cm
Battery operated, 2 x AAA (Not Included)
Bought for my husband as he was having breathing problems, so he could check blood oxygen readings, did the job, arrived earlier than expected and great price. thank u
Unable to order so done it via Amazon.
Oximeter- Monitor Blood Oxygen
Seems to work ok but instructions could be better