George Byng is a loyal customer of Vytaliving. Little did we know that George represented Scotland in Olympic weightlifting at the 1970 Commonwealth Games in Edinburgh and as Scottish National Olympic Weightlifting Coach from 1974 - 1981 was Team Manager/ Coach for the 7 man Scottish W/L team at the 1978 C. G. in Edmonton, Canada, where they won a Silver and Bronze medal plus two 4th places and a 6th place in the Games.
George reached out to us to commend the Over 50s Multivitamin Tablets from Vytaliving. Once we got to know George’s story we were truly inspired and wanted to share his healthy lifestyle and experience with Vytaliving Products.
Vytaliving Stories- George Byng
George began taking Vytaliving’s Over 50s Multivitamin in 2021. George finds it easiest to crush his supplements and wash them down with a glass of water. He started taking the Vytaliving supplements to make sure he was getting his full A-Z nutrition needs. With that in mind, he hoped to see improvements in fitness and training in preparation for his upcoming competition. At the 8-week mark, George has documented his wellbeing changes as the following:
- ‘A slight strength improvement’
- ‘Increased vitality’
- ‘Improved Libido- a surprise for a man of 85 years’
- ‘Increased energy’
- ‘Improved sleep quality’
- ‘Seen improvements in overall fitness’
- ‘Better positive mental attitude’
George recommends the over 50’s multivitamin to ‘any man over 50, and anyone under 50 too’. Moreover, he has found no negative indications or effects of taking the Vytaliving supplement which makes it easier to maintain daily intake.
George plans to take part in the 8th world masters championship in Florida on the 2nd of December 2022. George will be 86 years by December and in incredible shape! We wish George the best of luck in is competition and we hope that our Over 50’s multivitamin tablets can give him the stamina and strength boost that he to win once again – Good Luck George!
George’s Tips for Better Health
With nearly 70 years in the wellbeing field, we thought who better than to ask advice from that George himself. Below are some tips from George about how to maintain your health long term
- “Take Vitamin C: As we know this vitamin is essential to protect the overall efficiency of the immune system, the integrity of all body tissues and the production of collagen which holds all body structures in place. It also is the chemical precursor for the production of adrenaline in the adrenal glands which provides our "get up and go" boost. Increase your daily intake from the government recommended 80 mg per day to 500 mg per day by supplementation. I take up to 4000 mg per day when training and have done so for many years - without any apparent ill effects. I’d recommend the work done by chemist Dr Linus Pauling ( USA ), the only individual in history to have won two Nobel Prizes, and his 1977 book "Cancer and Vitamin C", co- authored with Scottish Dr Ewan Cameron, on the effect of vitamin C on the treatment of cancer.”
- “Get out into the fresh air and natural light for at least 20 minutes each day, all the year round. This is essential for good physical and mental health, as UV light is needed for so many body functions and the production of vitamin D in the skin.”
- “Do not wear sunglasses all the time when outdoors - take them off sometimes to let full spectrum light into the eyes - Look at the work of Dr John Ott and his research in this area.”
- “Do a little light stretching and mobility movements after getting up each morning - it gets the blood circulating and the breathing boosted after lying relatively immobile for several hours. Five minutes of this will get your day off to a great start!”
Biovit Overs 50 Multivitamin Tablets
The Over 50s Multivitamin is a Vytaliving favourite, and we now offer it in a 6-month supply. As we age our dietary needs change which requires us to adapt our nutrition habits to our current life stage.
The Over 50s Multivitamin has been specifically formulated to support the well-being of people aged 50+ years. Our supplement contains a comprehensive formula with 13 vitamins, 8 minerals and trace elements, and 2 herbals. Aside from being an A-Z formula, the tablet aims to provide nutrients suited to 3 main benefits – energy, cognitive function and bone health.
The tablets contain ingredients for the normal function of energy metabolism and a reduction in tiredness and fatigue, this includes Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Calcium, Copper, Maca Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B12 and C. We include B-vitamins, Ginseng, Iron, Iodine and Zinc to support cognitive function, increase microvascular circulation to the brain and slow the progression of age-related cognitive decline. Last thing to consider is our bone health. Our peak bone mass occurs in our 20s (dependent on gender). From this age onwards, it is vital to prioritise our bone mass and density. As a result, we have included high-strength ingredients such as Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin K and Zinc.
Each pack comes with 180 tablets, each 18mm in length and an oval shape. Simply take 1 tablet of the Biovit Over 50s Multivitamin per day for beneficial effect.
The Over 50s Multivitamin 6-month pack is included in our new ‘Subscribe and Save’ service which means you can get deliveries of your favourite supplements, patches and cosmetics at a discounted price. You can read more about our over 50s multivitamin, below: