Typically when someone suspects a H.pylori lnfection they may take a blood test to check antibodies. However, the Vytaliving home test kit takes a faecal sample to determine infection. The H. pylori Stool Antigen test has found that more than 90% of patients with duodenal ulcers and 80% of patients with gastric ulcers are infected with H.pylori.
What is Heliobacter Pylori?
Helicobacter is Pylori is a small, spiral-shaped bacterium that lives in the surface of the stomach and duodenum. A Heliobacter Pylori infection can cause a number of symptoms including:
- Burning and pain in the abdomen
- Loss of appetite
- Frequent Burping
- Unintentional weight loss
The H. Pylori Test specifically detects the antigens in faeces to ascertain the presence of the bacterium. The stomach lining and duodenum are both protected against stomach acid by a protective coating. If this protective function is disturbed in any way this can lead to ulcers. An example of this is a H. pylori infection. In most cases, H. pylori infection can be treated very successfully using a combination of antibiotics and antacids.
What does the kit include?
This kit includes:
1x Test Cassette
1x Specimen collection tube with extraction buffer
1x Stool collection paper
1x Instructions for use
The kit should contain everything you need for a singular test measurement. If you are missing any of the components above, please contact our customer service department.
How do I use the kit?
- Wash your hands with soap and rinse with clear water.
- To collect faecal specimens:
The stool specimen should be collected in the stool collection paper, avoiding contamination of the specimen by taking precautions that the specimen or the side of the paper containing specimen does not come in contact with any contaminating objects including toilet cleaners. Please read the instructions on the collection paper for how to collect your specimen. Alternatively, you can use a clean specimen container, but again must make sure that neither the specimen nor the cup come into contact with any contaminating objects.
- To process faecal specimens:
Unscrew the blue cap of the specimen collection tube with extraction buffer, then randomly stab the specimen collection applicator into the faecal specimen in at least 3 different sites. Do not scoop the faecal specimen.
Re-fasten the blue cap onto the specimen collection tube, then shake the specimen collection tube vigorously to mix the specimen and the extraction buffer.
- Bring the pouch to room temperature before opening it. Remove the test cassette from the foil pouch and use it as soon as possible. Best results will be obtained if the test is performed immediately after opening the foil pouch.
- Open the white cap of the specimen collection tube with extraction buffer and then break off the tip. Invert the specimen collection tube and transfer 2 full drops of the extracted specimen to the specimen well (S) of the test cassette, then start the timer. Avoid trapping air bubbles in the specimen well (S).
- Read results at 10 minutes. Results obtained after this time may be inaccurate.
What is the follow up offer after using this kit?
Because wellness of our customers is so important to us, we will follow up each test-kit purchase with a 10% discount code on products which may help with inflammation. Including our best-selling Probiotic and Prebiotic Complex.
We will send the exclusive voucher to the email address that your purchased your test kit through. If you believe you are entitled to this voucher, but have not yet received one, please contact our customer service department.